Our 459-bed acute care hospital has made excellence in delivering healthcare a priority, and it shows:
- We are home to the Heart Institute of Florida, where our doctors have worked on the leading edge of cardiac care for more than 40 years.
- We are part of the Advanced Neuroscience Network, leading the way in brain and spinal care in Florida.
- We have a comprehensive stroke center that offers fast, effective stroke care for a strong recovery.
At Florida Medical Center, we are committed to delivering the highest quality care possible to each of our patients. We strive to help patients achieve better outcomes, quicker recovery times, shorter hospital stays and ultimately, better health. As a result of our efforts, Florida Medical Center has received numerous prestigious awards and accolades from trusted organizations including the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and the American Heart/Stroke Association.
Our recognition includes:
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure (2017-2021)
American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines Recognition
- Get With The Guidelines Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus 2013-2021
- Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery, Surgical Review Corporation
- Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, Surgical Review Corporation
- Advanced certification as Thrombectomy Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission
- Total Hip & Knee Replacement Certification, The Joint Commission
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2019 Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Resuscitation and PCI, American College of Cardiologists
What Should I Know About Florida Medical Center?
Our family of nurses, doctors, staff, and volunteers at Florida Medical Center are dedicated to providing expert, compassionate care for families. We’ve been caring for you and your loved ones, in this great community of ours, for many years. So this is our home too.
With specialists in everything from sleep disorders to weight loss surgery, we can treat almost any health concern you have.