Florida Medical Center now has one of the newest and highest-resolution magnetic resonance imaging scanners available: the Ingenia 1.5T system from Philips Healthcare. The high-field Ingenia 1.5T provides high image quality designed to aid diagnostic confidence, increase clinical versatility and improve productivity by shortening MRI exam times. In addition, patients will appreciate its many comfort-related features.
Diagnostic Imaging Services at Florida Medical Center
- Bone Densitometry: uses low-energy X-rays to scan the lower back, hip or forearm. This helps to diagnose osteoporosis, a disease that weakens bones and makes them more brittle and susceptible to fracture.
- CT Scan: combines X-rays and computer scans to create images of the body. The result is a detailed image that can show problems with soft tissues, organs and bones. This unit has the ability to produce CTA studies (angiography) of the aorta and pulmonary arteries, and the multi-detector accelerates patient throughput.
- Digital Mammography: uses X-rays to visualize abnormalities in the breast tissue. This equipment is used to detect breast cancer as early as possible, which generally improves the effectiveness of treatment.
- MRI: provides detailed pictures of the inside of the body using strong magnets and radio waves. This unit is notable for its ability to provide greater spatial resolution of images.
- Nuclear Medicine: uses small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose, evaluate, or treat a multitude of diseases (heart disease, gastrointestinal/endocrine/ neurological disorders, many types of cancers).
- Ultrasound: our ultrasound technology uses sound waves to produce images of the body's interior.
- X-ray: uses a small amount of radiation to create images of bones and organs.