Blood Conservation Program Services at Florida Medical Center
The Blood Conservation Program utilizes techniques, equipment, and procedures to conserve blood loss during surgery, including:
- Volume Expanders: intravenous fluids enhance the circulation of your blood without the use of blood or blood products.
- EPO (Erythropoietin): a synthetic medication used to produce more red blood cells by stimulating the bone marrow.
- Micro Sampling: for lab tests to conserve your blood by reducing the amount of blood tested and the frequency of blood tests.
- Intra- & Post-Operative Blood Salvaging: a technique to collect, clean and return your blood during and after surgery.: a technique to collect, clean and return your blood during and after surgery.
- Electrocautery: a surgical device used to seal blood vessels during surgery, saving time and minimizing bleeding.
- Laproscopic & Minimally Invasive Surgery: helps eliminate large incisions to reduce blood loss.
The Blood Conservation Program Coordinator can explain all medical procedures and transfusion alternatives. The Blood Conservation Program is committed to meeting the needs of our patients, including those who prefer or require “bloodless” therapy. For more information please call (866) 747-5834.