Florida Medical Center provides a 47- bed behavioral health center for adults on our hospital campus, and offers Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT) to patients experiencing emotional and psychological symptoms, such as severe depression or treatment resistant depression, severe mania or catatonia.
Psychological Services at Florida Medical Center
- An ECT Suite designed and equipped for comfortable patient care
- Detailed information and education prior to treatment
- Treatment on either an inpatient or outpatient basis
- 24-hours admissions
Along with ECT, we offer other progressive, high-quality inpatient behavioral health programs for adults, including:
- Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health Services: addresses a variety of acute or chronic behavioral health disorders, including dual diagnosis (emotional disorder combined with chemical dependence), providing a structured, nurturing environment with close observation and treatment.
- Geriatric Inpatient Program: provides inpatient services for older adults who may be experiencing mental illnesses.